Social networks can be so difficult to break up with, especially when they are so addictive. Deactivation makes the situation even tougher. Due to time concerns or preventing the spread of your personal information online, you may want to deactivate some social media accounts. Having the desire to delete your account is one thing, but actually being able to do so is another. So do you want to know how to deactivate your social media accounts? This guide explains how to delete or deactivate popular social media websites like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. So if it is something that catches your interest then take out some time to read this blog till the end. Let’s start:
“Social Utility that connects you with people”
Your Facebook account has been active for ages, and in that time you may have posted a few personal details. Perhaps you’re sick of all your friends’ slightly offensive status updates, or you just have questions about whether to use the service at all. If so, you should stop. When you log back into your account after deactivating it, everything seems to be back to normal, as if nothing happened. However, deactivating your Facebook account doesn’t mean deleting a Facebook account. So do you want to know the difference how to delete facebook? Let’s see:
- By deactivating your Facebook account, you are just hiding your information from search engines and your friends. While nothing will be visible on the website, you will still be able to access your Facebook account information.
- It is still a difficult process to deactivate your account. The process you need to follow is: Go to Settings >> Settings and Privacy >> Your Facebook Information >> Deactivation and Deletion >> Deactivate Account, follow the instructions on the screen and you are good to go.
- Once you learn where the delete option resides, you will be able to permanently delete your account. Choose Delete Account on the same Deactivation and Deletion menu as above, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
- Click Continue, then click Delete Account after entering your password. It will take a few days to truly delete all your data.
- Moreover, before deleting your account, download all your important data first so that you won’t lose any of your information. From photos and status updates you post to ads you’ve clicked and IP addresses your PC has used, the information you can download is extensive.
Therefore, this is how to delete Facebook account. Additionally, if you want to know how to deactivate Facebook account, you need to follow the same above-mentioned steps.
“Capture and Share the World’s Moment”
The Instagram app does not enable you to delete your account, even though it’s a mobile-first service. Because of this, in order to delete your Instagram account, you must log in via the web. You can only temporarily deactivate your Instagram account via Instagram‘s settings, similar to Facebook. By disabling your account, you will no longer be able to see your profile, photos, likes, and comments. But the question that might strike your mind can be, how to deactivate Instagram account? Let’s see:
- In the top right corner of the page, click the person icon and select Edit Profile to access the disable option.
- You can temporarily disable your account at the bottom of the page.
- For permanent removal, please enter the following URL into the address bar of your browser: https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent.
- Afterward, click Permanently Delete My Account once you’ve entered your account’s password.
Historically, users have reported that when they delete their Instagram accounts they gave Instagram their phone numbers. However, this seems not to be necessary anymore. Now, as if you are clear how to delete Instagram, let’s how to delete it:
- On a computer or mobile browser, go to the Delete your account page. You’ll need to log in to Instagram ahead of time if you aren’t logged in. From the Instagram app, it is not possible to delete your account.
- Do you have a reason for deleting your account? Please select a drop-down menu next to and then enter your password again. Selecting a reason will enable you to permanently delete your account.
- You can delete [username] by clicking or tapping.
Therefore, this how to deactivate Instagram account. Now let’s move on to other social media accounts:
“Here, your voice matters”
Maintaining a well-curated Twitter account takes a lot of time and effort, but deleting it doesn’t require the same amount of effort. Download your account archives before deleting them. You can easily see all the tweets you have sent to celebrities or relive your first tweet by checking this feature. However, the question arises as to how to do it. Let’s see:
- Click on your profile icon, and then select Settings, Account, followed by Your Twitter Data to download your archive.
- To download all your data you need to enter your password.
- Following the download, you can delete your account.
- You can deactivate Twitter account by logging in, going to your account settings, and clicking the Deactivate My Account button.
- Following that, you will need to enter your password to deactivate your account.
- In the app, go to Settings and Privacy.
- On the “Settings and privacy” page, tap “Account”.
- Select “Delete your account” on the “Account” page.
- Now tap “Make a Selection” and choose either 30 days or 12 months in the pop up.
- Enter your password and hit delete.
Therefore, this is how to deactivate Twitter account. Now let’s move on to Snapchat:
“Life’s more fun when you live in the moment”
It may be tiresome to see whose friends have Friend Emojis. Perhaps you’re one of the many Snapchat users who are converting to Instagram or TikTok, despite Snapchat‘s radically different features. However, if you decide to delete your Snapchat account, here’s how:
- Enter the username and password for the account you wish to delete on the company’s Accounts Portal.
- There will be a 30 day deactivation period, after that you can permanently delete your account.
This process will remain the same for both how to delete Snapchat account and how to deactivate Snapchat account.
Even though there are many social media sites, only a few of them are as popular as the ones above. When it comes to deleting any of your numerous accounts, the best place to start is in the user settings or on the company’s FAQs and support pages. You will be able to find the necessary steps to deactivate your social media accounts there. Moreover, this guide will surely help you to delete your most commonly used social media accounts. Still, if you need any assistance, you can contact Virtual Oplossing for help. We are your one-stop digital marketers all prepped up to guide you on how to deactivate your social media accounts. Contact us now!